Large and in charge, the Surly Pugsley bike features super-fat wheels to conquer sand, mud, wet rocks and roots, ice, and many kinds of snow, making it a hugely versatile adventure touring bike!
A ”fat” bike will take you where none of your other bikes will. It gets you the gawking (and jealous!) stares of friends and strangers alike. It is a true exploration bike…and it is so much fun to ride! Once you’ve spent a winter outside playing on your Pugsley or Moonlander in the snow, indoor cycling won’t even seem like an alternative anymore for staying in shape over the winter months.
But don’t take our word for it, try one today! Call 315.446.6816 or email Rental RSVP here with your name, phone, rental date desired and our sales staff will get back to you promptly.
$60/24 hour rental
$40/pick and return same day
16-in, 18-in, 20-in, 22-in Surly Pugsleys available
Watch former Iditabike winner Mike Curiak`s video diary of his thoughts while transversing the Iditarod Trail from Knik to Nome without outside support… that’s no support from anyone… That’s an epic trip! It shows why these bikes like my Surly Pugsley and other makes (collectively known as `Fatbikes`) were originally conceived for: adventure,exploring and racing in some of the wildest winter climates on Earth.
The Pugsley was created to go where other bikes may flounder. With a frame and fork that will accept 4″ tires on 26″ rim, the Pugsley gives you a huge contact patch and lots of bump absorption. It can get you over and through otherwise-unrideable terrain: ice, snow, sand, mud, wet rocks and roots. In many conditions, bigger is better.
- Big, fat tires provide lots of flotation, more ground contact and better traction, especially when run at low pressures, allowing the tires to ride over the top of stuff
- Frame is made of sturdy 4130 chromoly steel with double-butted tubing in the main triangle for strength
- Fork uses 135mm hub spacing—same as the rear hub—so you can have a front wheel with a full gear cluster or single cog and swap the front and rear wheels in a bind
- Triple Truvativ cranks are matched up with Shimano derailleurs and shifters to create a smooth, easily shiftable drivetrain with 27 adventure-hungry gears
- Horizontal dropouts with a derailleur hanger mean you can run the Pugsley as-is, or go to an internally geared hub, fixie or single-speed later on
- Avid BB7 mechanical disc brakes facilitate controlled deceleration and sure stopping power in mixed conditions
- Finer details include 2 water bottle mounts and guides for continuous brake/shift housing to protect cables in harsh conditions
- The Pugsley also has rack and fender eyelets (rack and fenders sold separately—please note, rack and fenders will need to accommodate oversize tires)
Take a look at all these people having fun in the snow….