Event Registration Now Filled! Sign Up for Our SECOND Event on 4/24!
We’ve had an incredible response to our 4th Annual Syracuse Bicycle Iron Girl Kick Off event, scheduled for Wednesday, April 10th from 6pm-9pm at Syracuse Bicycle. In fact, we have received over 250 RSVPs, many in just the past few days! Since the primary purpose of this event is educational, we’ve had to limit attendance at the Wednesday, April 10th event to the first 100 RSVPs we received in order to be sure everyone gets the most out of our scheduled program. This event is now filled to capacity andCLOSED for registration.
DON’T MISS YOUR CHANCE TO WIN A TREK WOMEN’S ROAD BIKE!
The Iron Girl Triathlon is back in Syracuse for its fifth year and it’s bigger and better than ever! Whether this is your very first triathlon or you’re a seasoned vet, we’d like to invite you to a special party at Syracuse Bicycle just for Iron Girl participants. We’ll have complimentary food, drinks, door prizes and informational stations which will cover flat repair, setting up a transition area, race strategy, race nutrition, clothing choices, bike selection and fit, and mental strategies! Basically, we are covering EVERYTHING you need to know to have your best race in August!
- Building your Mental Arsenal through Exercise – Brendan Jackson (Fleet Feet Syracuse)
- Build a Rock Solid Core and Stay Injury Free – Reem Jishi (Gazella Training)
- You CAN Shift Your Bike Like a Pro! – Helene Schmidt (Veloved Coaching)
- Running “Off the Bike” or Why Do My Legs Feel Like a Ton of Bricks? – Ed Ten Eyck, (T2 Coaching)
- Nutrition for Training and Race Day – Kristen Roe (T2 Multisport)
- Juggling Work, Training, and Family – How Do I Keep All the Balls in the Air? – Jen Corona, (Northwest Triathlon Team)
- What to Wear When you Swim, Bike AND Run in One Day – (Syracuse Bicycle Staff)
- How to Fix Flat Tire – Brian Hidy, (Syracuse Bicycle)
- Importance of Bike Fit – David Dow (Fit Manager, Syracuse Bicycle)
- Bike Shoes and Pedals Demystified – Jim Lampman (Syracuse Bicycle)
- Open Water Swim Survival 101 – (Syracuse Bicycle Staff)
- Timely Transitions – (Syracuse Bicycle Staff)
We’ll close our evening with a short motivational speech by Shawn Cheshire, blind athlete and US Paralympic Team hopeful. She’ll talk about her experiences training to become the fastest blind tandem bicycle racer for Team USA.
Drawing for Trek Women’s Lexa Road Bike will take place at 8:45pm. Must be present to win. Additional discounts on bikes, clothing, and accessories for one night only.
Special discounts that evening only for race participants. Drawing for Trek Lexa Road Bike will take place at 8:45pm. Must be present to win.
Fill in the form below to RSVP by 4/9/13