Iron Girl Kick Off Events on April 9th and May 1st
UPDATE: Our Iron Girl Kick Off Event on Wednesday, April 9th is FULL! You should have received a confirmation email if you are registered. Please email your RSVP by 4/28 if you’d like to attend our SECOND Kick Off Eventon Thursday, May 1st from 6-9pm!
Syracuse Bicycle is proud to be your Official Bicycle Shop of the 2014 Syracuse Iron Girl Triathlon! Don’t miss your chance to win a Trek Women’s Road Bike OR a FREE ENTRY to the Iron Girl Triathlon at our Iron Girl Triathlon Kick Off Party, to be held on Wednesday, April 9th, from 6-9pm AND on Thursday, May 1st, from 6-9pm at Syracuse Bicycle. Whether this is your very first triathlon or you’re a seasoned vet, you’ll learn everything you need to know to have your best race in August! Several local coaches and staff members will present short mini-clinics on the following topics:
· Bill Houser, Triathlon Swim Coach, Don’t Panic – Open Water Swim Survival Skills
· Reem Jishi, Owner, Gazella Fitness & Group Training – Juggling Work, Training, and Family: How Do I Keep All the Balls in the Air?
· Jen Corona, Northwest Triathlon Training – Timely Transitions: How to Get From Swim to Bike to Run Efficiently
· Ken Hammond, Iron Girl Race Director, – Race Day Strategies, Tips and Tricks
· Ed Ten Eyck, T2 Multisport Coaching – Running “Off the Bike”: Why Do My Legs Feel Like a Ton of Bricks?
· Brendan Jackson, Fleet Feet Sports Syracuse- Building Your Mental Arsenal Through Exercise
· Jim Lampman, Syracuse Bicycle – Cycling Shoes and Pedals Demystified
· Helene Schmid, Veloved Multisport Coaching – You Can Shift Your Bike Like a Pro!
· Kristen Roe, T2 Multisport Coaching – Nutrition for Training and Race Day
· Brent Morehouse, Exercise Physiologist – Develop a Rock Solid Core and Stay Injury Free
· Brian Hidy, Syracuse Bicycle – How to Fix Flat in Under 5 Minutes
· David Dow, Syracuse Bicycle – The Importance of Proper Bike Fit and Getting Comfortable on Your Bike
· Jess Doyle, Syracuse Bicycle – What to Wear When you Swim, Bike and Run All in the Same Day!
· Jamie Cronkwright, Trek Bicycles – Choosing the Best Bike for You!
· Eric Prager, Race Director, Gillie Girl Triathlon – Race Day Tips and Tricks
* John Parker, MD, Syracuse Orthopedic Specialists – Triathlon Related Injuries and How to Avoid Them
We’ll have complimentary food, drinks, and amazing door prizes, to include a Trek Lexa Road Bike and FOUR FREE entries to the Syracuse Iron Girl Triathlon.
Drawings will take place at 8:45pm. Must be present to win. Special THIS NIGHT ONLY discounts on bikes, clothing, and accessories.
Please RSVP to email@example.com by 4/1 for the April 9th event, by 4/28 for the May 1st event. Attendance limited to 150 participants. RSVP early; last year our events filled up quickly!