Six Pack MTB Series
The Six Pack MTB Series
Introducing a brand new mountain bike race series in Central New York brought to you by Syracuse Bicycle, Empire Brewing and Pointway Coaching. You won’t want to miss the fun every Wednesday night in June on newly developed singletrack trails at Empire Farm Brewery in Cazenovia. “B” Races for Citizen riders and Juniors begin at 6pm and will be 30 minutes in length on a lap style course that winds through the woods surrounding the Brewery. “A” Races for Expert riders and Advanced Juniors begin at 6:45pm and will be 60 minutes in length on the same course.
Thank You for a GREAT season! 2018 Overall Points Winners and Individual Race Results
Online Registration—Most convenient and a good deal
Register online for individual races until 8PM the Tuesday prior to the race. To ensure you are signed up for the race series and have your number plate for the season sign up today! $20/adult race, $10/junior race
Race Day Registration—Most expensive option
Register the day of the race. Please arrive at least one hour before your event. Race registration closes a half hour prior to each race. Cash only! $25 adult race/$15 junior race
SuperPass Registration—Best deal (Pay for 3 and race 4)
Register once for all 4 events. You pay for 3 races and get 1 race free! You must register for the SuperPass online ONLY! No SuperPass registration is available after June 5th. $60/adult series pass, $30/junior series pass
New to Racing?
Mountain bike racing is not just for the highly trained. It is an exhilarating physical activity that can add to your health and quality of life. Racing is as much about fun, shared experiences and making new friends as it is about competition. The Six Pack MTB Series is open to all and welcomes new female and male participants of all ages and athletic abilities.
We recommend registering in advance online whenever possible. This will save you money and speed up your registration experience at the race. Arrive at the race an hour or two prior to your start so you can get registered, change clothes, and get in a good warm up ride.
When you register, the race registrar will direct you to fill out forms and pay your entry fee. If you have registered online, you should still visit the registration table to sign a release form and pick up your race number.
After registration, change into your race clothing and prep your bike. Final bike prep includes putting your race number on your handlebar, checking tires and suspension for proper air pressure, checking for clean shifting, and checking your brakes.
If you have any questions please ask for the race official.
It may be beneficial to carry a multitool/repair kit with you during the race. We’ll have tools and tubes available but no official race support.
You should arrive at the starting area 15 minutes prior to the start. Usually there is a scheduled racers meeting just prior to the start, so listen for instructions given at the registrars table.
Mountain bike races start fast, so be ready to work hard after the countdown. Usually the hard initial pace slows a bit and the riders find their comfort zone.
Beginner races are usually short enough that you can maintain hard work for the duration depending on your fitness.
Most importantly, have fun. Mountain bike racing is a great way to spend an evening and the people you meet along the way make it even more rewarding!
When weather does not cooperate the Six Pack MTB Series has procedures in place. Here’s information about how we’ll proceed:
1. Any updates regarding weather or the racing schedule will be posted on social media and at the Registration Tent.
2. Specific instructions about altered race courses or lap counts will be announced before each wave is started
3. All racing will stop immediately in the presence of lightning as signified by the chief referee. Racers on the race course should proceed carefully to the Start/Finish for further instructions.
Weather Guidelines of the Six Pack MTB Series
The following are guidelines for how the Six Pack MTB Series will conduct races in the event of challenging weather. Our primary consideration is the safety of racers, race support staff, race visitors, and potential damage to the site. Any decisions regarding cancelling, postponing, or altering race start times, lap lengths, number of laps, etc. will be made jointly by the race promoter, a representative of the Six Pack MTB Series, and the chief referee. Often, this decision cannot be made until the day of the race due to the unpredictable nature of wet or stormy weather. The Six Pack MTB Series will make every attempt to notify the racing population via Facebook and web site updates as soon as possible.
· Races are held on their scheduled dates unless the race course on the day of the race is deemed unrideable and dangerous.
· Race promoters have the option to delay the start of a race from the published times if the weather has created dangerous conditions.
· Courses and/or lap lengths may be altered or shortened because of weather conditions. Last minute changes will be broadcast to racers at the start of each wave via the race announcer. If conditions require a change in number of laps during a race, a person will be stationed at the lap line advising riders of the change.
· We will develop wet weather course alterations in case of extremely wet conditions that threaten the trails used for the race.
· All racing will stop immediately in the presence of lightning as signified by the chief referee. Racing may continue once the race promoter, chief referee, and the head timer have conferred.
· Restarting a race that has been stopped due to lightning:
· Depending on schedule and number of laps completed, the race may be declared over
· If time permits, racers will be able to resume laps beginning from the lap line
· Communication of delays, changes in start time, courses, and so on will be made by the race promoter as follows:
· On the series web site prior to the race day, if possible
· On the public address system on the race day.
· Via forms of social media
· The Six Pack MTB Series will not refund pre-registration fees due to inclement weather.
· The Six Pack MTB Series does not allow registration transfers to subsequent races due to inclement weather.