One of the critical ingredients in a successful triathlon is volunteers. Volunteers make it possible to conduct a safe, well-organized event. We need volunteers in a variety of areas. In all cases, volunteers will find their task fun and exciting. At the end of the day, they’ll feel like they made a valuable contribution to the success of the race. They will also feel appreciated – triathletes are known to be a very appreciative group. It won’t be unusual for many participants to thank you for your contribution during the race.
The various volunteer jobs are listed below – followed by descriptions to each job. If you’d like to help us out, simply use the Volunteer Form at the right to let us know how you would like to help.
- Packet Pick-Up/Registration – Saturday, August 12th, 2017 from 11:30-5:00pm at Syracuse Bicycle. Sunday, August 13th, 2017 from 5:00am – 7:00am at Green Lakes State Park
- Parking – Sunday, August 13th, 2017 from 5:00-6:30am at Green Lakes State Park
- Transition Area – Monitor athletes in/out of transition, 5:00am – 7:00am, then 10:00am-12:00pm
- Body Marking – Mark race numbers on athletes from 5:00am – 7:00am
- Swim Course (on shore) – Counting athletes in/out of water. 7:00am – 8:00am
- Bike Course – Course marshals, 7:00am – 10:30am
- Run Course – Course marshals, 7:00am – 11:00pm
- Aid Stations – 6:30am – 11:00am
- Refreshments/Post Race Party – 8:00am – 12:00pm
- Kids’ Triathlon – 8:00am – 12:00pm