Cyclocross Training Program
Information for the Fall 2013 Program Coming Soon!
Syracuse Bicycle and Pointway Performance are teaming up Fall 2012 to offer you a cyclocross training program that will provide you with all the skills and knowledge you need to tear it up at any and all cyclocross events. You have undoubtedly heard that cyclocross is the “most fun you’ll have on a bike.” Be honest, aren’t you a little curious to see if the adage is true? Here’s your chance!
This program is more than a few simple “cross practices.” Team leaders Tim O’Shea and Phillip McCarthy will lead you through a detailed instructional program that will leave you feeling confident and motivated to toe the line. Learn dismounts, re-mounts, shouldering, barriers, bunny hopping, course evaluation, nutrition and equipment selection tips. Give yourself the opportunity to learn from two of the most experienced, knowledgeable and friendliest cyclocrossers in the area. With the training program store discounts and free entry into the Critz Farms Cross Race, the potential is there to save far more than the programs costs.
SB Promise: Besides the skills gathered, we can almost guarantee that cyclocross will soon become your favorite cycling discipline and that cyclocross bike will also become the favored steed in your stable. From the efforts themselves to the camaraderie and atmosphere of the events, the sport has fun, fun, fun written from top to bottom. There isn’t a more versatile bike available… It goes where a mountain bike goes, accepts wider tires and fenders for off-season training and commuting, can become a road bike with a swap of tire. The list goes on. If you can only have one bike – this is it.
Who is this training program for?
You! Hey, if you’re reading this on the website, the newsletter or wherever…Chances are good you’re a bit of a bike nut. CX will allow that nuttiness to shine along with your constant smile. Pain could never be any more fun. Don’t have a cross bike and not sure if you’re ready to buy one? Bring a mountain bike!
Beginners. By that I mean you have “officially” ridden a bike without training wheels. Remember, pros and beginners all use the same skills, nothing is too advanced for a training wheel graduate.
Experienced Riders. Too cool for a training program? Not a chance. You will certainly glean something from this program. If coaches learn stuff every day, odds are you will too.
Triathletes. Simply put, cyclocross WILL make you a faster triathlete- it’s guaranteed! …and that includes IM competitors. More importantly, it is exactly what you need to infuse some fun and excitement back into your training. Breaking up the routine can only benefit your fitness level and broaden your cycling horizons.
When: August 29th – October 17, 2012 from 5:30-730pm
Where: Longbranch Park
What will I get and what does it cost: $120 for an 8-week program that includes the following…
- 8 weekly cyclocross instructional sessions (Wednesdays, 5:30-7:30pm )
- A member discount on bicycles, accessories and apparel good through 2012. (Cross bikes from Trek, Focus, Scott and Raleigh)
- An instructional clinic/social event at Syracuse Bicycle. Additional savings for this one night along with product demonstrations, a whole lot of instructional tips & tricks, socializing, beer and food.
- Fitting sessions at a reduced rate for existing bikes, free basic fit with purchase of a new cyclocross bike.
- A case of Chobani Greek Yogurt
- Post ride gathering at Empire Brewing in Armory Square
- Special jersey or Skinsuit purchase option
- Free entry into Critz Cross on Saturday, September 15th at Critz Farms in Cazenovia
- Syracuse Bicycle pint glass, water bottle and possible other swag.